Benefits of Dancing
How many times have you been at a function and thought, “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if I could go out there and command the floor and impress others?” Be honest! Remember, dancing is a social skill, and others will react accordingly to your abilities. Never miss out on a chance to dance and look great again! Dancing is a wonderful activity that will benefit your mind, body, and soul. It is one of the few truly pleasurable activities that is good for you in every way.
Here is a list of some of the tremendous benefits dancing will bring to your life:
1. Dancing is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that will use all your major muscle groups.
2. It encourages good posture and body alignment, and will strengthen your body’s core abdominal muscles.
3. You will become more flexible, more agile, and more graceful both on and off the dance floor.
4. You’ll burn calories while you’re having fun. It’s invigorating!
5. Ballroom dancing will also benefit your mental and emotional health.
6. You’ll spend your evenings on the dance floor instead of alone in front of the TV.
7. You can discover a new passion and joy in your life at any age.
8. You’ll learn to dance with a variety of partners, many of whom will become your friends. It’s a terrific way to meet new people who share your same interests.
9. Dancing will make you smarter. Researchers have found that ballroom dancing improves mental acuity throughout a dancer’s life and can even help prevent Alzheimer’s disease in senior citizens! It’s like two swords sharpening one another – the body helps the mind work, and the mind takes care of the body.
You’ll become more musical and learn to appreciate musical timing and phrasing.
10. You will discover a rhythm and grace in your own body you didn’t know you had.
Ballroom dancing will make you stronger, happier, healthier, and smarter. It will bring you joy.